French police clear out two more migrant camps in Paris

According to Mikrofonnews Agency (MHA), an operation to close down refugee camps in France has been stepped up on Monday with a new attack by French military forces on several comps in the country.

The operation was launched last week and French government says the aim is to prevent a new wave of migration from the Middle East to France.

French officials say the comps are hosted to hundreds of illegal migrants mostly from Arab countries. A statement from the Paris police department said authorities were in the process of clearing out two illegal refugee campsites at the Porte des Poissonniers, in northeast Paris, and another site next to the city’s Canal Saint Martin.

 

Skip to toolbar